Friday, April 28, 2017

Week 11, blogpost by the Facilitator - Stina

Hi everyone!!

This week I was the facilitator and the task was about showing four different types of leadership. Authoritarian, participative, transactional and transformational leadership.


The began with us, summing up the text that we got from Linda. We read some of the text each and decided to bring some our ideas for how to make a campaign of it. The next day we had the ideas and we decided to make a theatre, and the play was supposed to be about a principal having his final speech as a part of his campaign. We got this idea really quick and it seemed that everyone liked it so we just worked along nicely this week. I think everyone did a good job. And as the Facilitator I tried to share as much of my ideas as possible and then let everyone have a say about it. I think I decided a lot of things this week and I hope my group was okay about it.

My thoughts about the roles is that there are no way that you only can apply only one leadership role when you are a leader, principal, teacher. Every situation will need a different kind of handeling things. And when I was thinking deeply about it I believe that the ground rules, the rules that says "this is the way our schools is running or stands for", can be lead by the authoritarian leadership, because those are rules you must imply without asking or having someone in mind while applying them. And the. You continue to lead with transformational, with a bit more changeable rules , and then participative and later transactional. Every role has it pros and cons so there is no easy way to only use one of the roles. If you do you will get a hard time leading!

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment