Thursday, March 2, 2017

Week 5, Post by the Star, Pedro

Hi everyone. I’m Pedro and this week I’ve been the star of my group, Ladies&Gentlemen group.

First of all, I would like to thank my peers and to thank my group-mates because of the congratulations I have received. Maybe I hardly ever seem very interested in these things and as you know to be a teacher was neither my first nor the second option before university, but nowadays I’m sure I want to become a teacher, and these opinions are very important for me. 

Our work this week started on Monday, when we decided our roles for this week. We did our first PowerPoint on Monday (CCL) and on Tuesday we did mine.
We used the available tips for developing an excellent presentation in our slideshow. Then at home I used them to create my own speech, and I tried to apply them on Wednesday. I tried to be clear, I tried to interact with my "students", I tried to make my explanation easy for them...

I have to say that I was very nervous since Monday. I’m not a person who likes to speak in public.
On Wednesday I was more nervous than before, and while I was presenting my task, I was thinking about my classmates and my teacher faces, which were like: “oh my god! What is he doing? He seems very stupid!”, so I got even more nervous. 
This task has made me realize how difficult and uncomfortable is to teach your students when their faces are like: “it seems that I’m learning but I’m not really aware at all”; or when you try to explain something by examples for better understanding and their faces remain the same, serious and intimidating all the time.
I have also learned that if you are very shy when you have to expose something in public, the only way to get calm is to expose again and again to get experience which becomes this presentation easier.
I only regret not being my task prepared to present it in four minutes or less, because I think that you would have liked the end.

Finally, I think that this task has been very positive for me and I just have to keep working to improve in the future.
Thank you everyone again and see you next week!





1 comment:

  1. Hi ladies & gentlemen! I'm Patricia, the journalist from the Wildcats during this week. I only wanted to congratule all of you, especially the star Pedro because of his great presentation. I think that the topic chosen for the slideshow isn't really interesting for primary education children, but it was the way in which Pedro presented it, making the public participate and moving around the classrom, what makes the "lesson" more entertainig, and you didn't seem nervous at all. I also like your blog a lot!
    Good luck and keep on working!
    - Your Wildcats mates

    ReplyDelete