Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 6, blogpost by the Star - Stina

Hello everyone!

This week I got to be the star in our group. The assignment was about explaining "the dark side of textbooks".

Our work started on Monday, we chose roles and started to deal with all the information Linda gave us. It was a lot of interesting things to read about, for example how the textbook actually works and affects us in todays society. When we finished readning we met at tuesday to prepare our presentation. We decided to make a twitter timeline. So we ended up building a mobile phone with a timeline that had a lot of different statements about what the textbooks dark side is.

I believe working this way, reading and then put all the information together is a really good way of learning. Espacially when you are working in a group. Just because you are more likley to discuss the topic and face different obstacles together and it might lead you to really good answers.

Today I had the presentation of our work, where my job was to hold a discussion with other classmates. I think that they had a lot of important and good answers to my groups statements and I believe that we all learned that everything is seen from a different perspective, depending on religion, gender, nationality and so on.

A lot of our dark side-textbook topics was about the politic ways some textbooks are controlled. Such as textbooks of public schools and about how society is built and how that affects how people might think about certain things

Finally I just want to say that I enjoyed being the star and to have control over a task. Being the star makes you see the whole class in a different way and also I think, as I have with every task of this course, that these topics that we discussed in class are important that we as future teachers take with us into the working life of teachers.

Thank you for this week! Adios!









No comments:

Post a Comment