Friday, March 17, 2017

Week 7, post by the Facilitator, Mitchell

 Hi everyone! I am Mitchell from the group ladies & gentlemen and this week I am the facilitator. Being the faciliotator means you are the person in charge of the group, but I have realized this week its not only about being in charge of the group. Being in charge at the same time involves a lot of other different aspects, what I want to say is that its bnot only one task, it is many tasks joint together under one role.
  Personally I use this role as a challenge, because I have worked before and I have had to be the person in charge and I have nerver done it absolutely perfectly as Id like it to be. Thats why I try to be the best facilitator, because I know my weakest points and I want to improve my self.
 As a group we work really well, with the time we have gotten to know each other and consolidated our selves as unit, all together. This is good, we work as a team; but it's harder to coordinate a whole group than six people individually. Furthermore, I think I did a good job.
 First, we distribuited the roles (like every monday) making sure everybody has done every role before they get to repeat. Then, in the hour we have straight after class we all started reading the texts provided by the teacher and summarising them. The following day we also had to meet to finish the comic we had made and there is where I found a bit of diffciulties.
  For me in order to be a good facilitator you also have to be a good comunicator, it's hard to tell someone to do something without them being offended. Personally I tried to always keep the friendly touch, I dint want them to feel I had more "power" than them just for being the facilitator, and I specially struggled when you have to tell someone the same thing many times in order for them to achieve them. I think I found my way, the best way is to be the "best friend" of the group, be nice to everyone and keep motivating everyone individually so that they all work good as a group, nevertheless its hard to keep someone motivated when you are telling him he should it in another way.
 In conclusio, even though being a facilitator seems like an easy roll, when you are in the skin there is much more than what you actually can Imagine, you are constantly thinking and worrying about the final result and you have to catalyzd all of those thoughts to see which ones you have to express and which ones you should keep to yourself.
  Overall, it is a fun role because ypou get to learn a lot and get to be "the boss", which you don't get to be very often.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ladies & Gentlemen! I am Carmen Díaz, from the Architeacher's group, and this week I am the journalist.
    I want to congratulate you for your great comic! I really like Bertil and I think that the story is really ORIGINAL, COOL, and easy to understand!
    I enjoyed your previous tasks too!
    From my point of view, you have improved a lot since the beginning, and all I have to say is that I am looking forward to your next surprise!
    Keep working this hard!
    Congratulations and enjoy the weekend <3

    ReplyDelete